Toggle ItemHow do I change my major?
The process for requesting a change of major can be done online. In order to request to change your major, please follow these steps
- Go to mymap.byu.edu and find the 'Academic Programs' box under the 'Student Summary' tab.
- Select 'Change Major Request' link in the bottom right corner.
- Select the major you wish to change to and why you are requesting the change.
- Click submit.
If the major is a Limited Enrollment Program (LEP), you can declare a Pre-major status showing your intention to apply for the major. Students with less than 45 BYU credit hours (excluding language exam credits) do not need to meet with an advisor to have their major changed. Students must select and declare a major by the time they have 60 earned BYU credit hours (excluding language exam credits). Once a student has 75 earned BYU credit hours (excluding language exam credits), they will not be allowed to change their major, unless special permission is granted.
Toggle ItemHow do I create a graduation plan?
- Start with a blank semester-by-semester form
- Log into MyMAP. In the Academic Programs box click on your major (linked in blue) to access a PDF of your Major Academic Plan (MAP). If you are a pre-major, you may access the MAPs at this link.
- Refer to suggested sequence of courses on your MAP.
- Begin placing your courses in the worksheet in pencil so that changes may be made easily.
- Start with your MAJOR classes first as they may be sequential. Prerequisite information & current class schedules can be found here.
- Next plan any MINOR courses if applicable. Use the link to your minor in the planning box on the Plan Courses tab of MyMAP to check requirements.
- Fill in your GEs where you have space available. For information regarding GEs, visit core.byu.edu.
- Add up your completed and planned credits to make sure they meet the 120 credit minimum needed to graduate from BYU.
Toggle ItemWhere can I park if I have an appointment with my advisor?
Most parking on campus is reserved for employee parking or students who have registered.
You may view the Campus Parking Map to find the nearest parking lot to each building. (Be sure to click on the parking icon within the map features.)
- West Campus Central Building (WCCB)
- Brimhall Building (BRMB)
- Harris Fine Arts Center (HFAC)
Please be sure to check parking signs.
Toggle ItemWhere is my advisor located?